Monday, January 24, 2005

Boys with Toys

Boys with toys, dah, dah, dah. Way back in the 80's, or maybe in the 90's, was a little song that had that phrase in it. In my mind, I can still, albeit a bit foggily, see the Flock of Eagles type band singing it.

So, when I saw the pic of this little killing lawnmower that our gov has compiled from the rest of the bits of one of those bombed trucks, after the soldiers have scrapped all of the bigger pieces of metal that were on it for their truck armor, well, that song just popped into my head.
Now, considering just how badly the contained, precise, bombing of Fallujah went.... I have this uneasy feeling about Rumsey's robot. I mean, if it gets too much sand in its metal butt parts, will it spin out of control, shooting everything around it, and will we then have to bomb it to get it to stop spraying bullets?
Boys with toys, dah, dah, dah. Someone has played tooo many video games..
Oh, and look who sponsored it, the Carlyle Group...

Boys with Toys, part II

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home