Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I am glad that Frank Lautenberg is a NJ senator

I have emailed and written to Senator Frank Lautenberg, on a variety of issues for years, and he has always responded to my letters, unlike our VP and Pres. This email was in response to one of the letters I sent re the Downing St. memo.

June 8, 2005

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about President Bush. I appreciate hearing from you.

I, too, am concerned about the intelligence reports the Bush Administration relied on to justify invading Iraq. The Administration's inability thus far to uncover Iraq's purported arsenal of weapons of mass destruction is worrisome.

I believe that the Administration selected only those intelligence reports that helped it make the case for a preemptive strike.

In this light, I am pleased that my colleagues on the Senate Committee on Select Intelligence have begun closed-door hearings to sift through this intelligence material and to hear testimony from intelligence officials.

I wholeheartedly believe that the American people deserve an expeditious inquiry into conflicting pre-war intelligence reports. Moreover, I believe that it is the duty of Congress to demand a candid and thorough explanation from the Administration about what happened. Rest assured I will continue to work with my colleagues as we pursue an inquiry and closely monitor the ongoing work of the weapons exploration team in Iraq. We're going to get to the bottom of this one way or another.
Thanks again for contacting me.
--------
If you haven't yet signed John Conyers letter to the President demanding an inquiry into the Downing St. memo, then do so today. Let's support the people in our government who try to do "the right thing." Let's let them know that they are not alone in their fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home